Wednesday, October 29, 2014

I had weight loss surgery the vertical sleeve

I had the vertical sleeve gastrectomy

This procedure removes the greater curvature of the stomach. That's a total of 80% of the stomach removed, which leaves the remaining stomach the shape of a small banana. VSG curbs hunger, restricts the intake of food you eat and allows you to become fuller quicker. 
My procedure was laparoscopic, my doctor made 5 small incisions. I won't have a long healing process or a battle with surgery scars. This was taken three days after surgery my stomach swollen and still filled with the carbon dioxide. 

During surgery your stomach is filled with gas to allow better access to the stomach. The gas is the worst part thats where most of the pain comes from. After surgery  you have to pass it naturally, they will help you up and get you to walk around the unit to help move the gas down from the chest.  
I'm now three weeks post op, and on full liquids ( soup yogurt etc). I should be on mushy foods as in babies food or pureed food but i was pushed back. As far as weight loss i can't tell myself but the people around me are noticing. It's annoying in a way because you want to feel it and see it for yourself.
 I have lost a total of 36 pounds so far and i haven't started working out yet. I was just cleared to start working out so the weight should start coming off more aggressively.
 In my next post op update i will post a full body before and after.
If you would like to see what my my incisions look like now or have any question just comment below! 

1 comment: