Saturday, December 15, 2012

Acorn Squash Soup YUM YUM YUM!!!

 A yummy low carb dish that is easy to  make and will satisfy your hunger! I stumbled upon this wonderful vegetable in a lovely gift basket, and didn't know what to do with it. So it just sat on my table lol just today i decided to try and cook it, I've heard of squash soup  so i took to Google to look for a recipe.


Two Squash, 1 stick of butter, 2 onions and 1 packet of Goya chicken bullon
 I Set my oven to 350 and started to cut my squash into halves and removing the seeds.


After cutting one onion in half i took one half and cut it into four. Adding them into my squash halves with a tab of butter and half a garlic clove in each. I seasoned with salt and black pepper.
Let roast for an hour
I have a cup of tea as my squash is roasting in the oven at 350. The last ten minutes i dice the rest of my onion and one whole

 and added them to a medium pot with a stick of butter and let them glaze for ten minutes then added my chicken broth

As that is simmering i take my squash out the oven letting it cool

 . I removed the skin by taking my spoon and running it around the sides and just scooping out the squash.


I added the squash to the pot and took my stick blender and blended  until smooth.

My soup was amazing the squash has a nutty taste to it a little sweet naturally Very savory.
I added some crushed red pepper and some sour cream delicious!!! I hope you try this out you'll love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment